It’s the Fourth of July, and in episode six, we discuss all the patriotic traditions you can expect to experience if you’re in the US on the ultimate American day. From cheeseburgers and hot dogs, to s’mores and fireworks, the Fourth of July is all about celebrating this great country and spending time with loved ones.
With summer in full swing and holidays and vacations happening left and right, we know how difficult it can be to stick to a daily routine. We all try so hard to be consistent about working out, eating well, spending time with family and friends, getting enough rest, etc. but it can all be thrown off as soon as the weekend hits or you take a summer vacation. When you find yourself slipping out of routine, here are some tips we use to stay on track:
- Write a to-do list on Sunday evening
- By writing down what you want to achieve for the following week, you will be more likely to stick to a routine, and there is nothing more satisfying than crossing something off on your list! By creating a visual of your week, it will also seem more manageable. Write things down like when you want to go grocery shopping and which workouts you’re planning on doing, as well as blocking off time to speak to and see friends and family.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you have a lazy day
- It happens to us all: we inadvertently sleep in later than expected, we turn on the TV and all of a sudden it’s 4 p.m. and we’re still in our pajamas bingeing Netflix. It’s ok to have a lazy day every now and then, and it’s important not to feel bad about it. Enjoy the day, recharge, and then get back to your routine the next day. Try not to let one lazy day creep into two or three, otherwise getting back into a routine will be more difficult.
- Schedule time to connect with family and friends
- Our lives get so busy, but by having a consistent schedule in which you know you will see your family on a regular basis will help in spending that important quality time with loved ones. If you’re lucky enough to live close by, grab brunch once or twice a month, or if you’re further away from family and friends, make sure you’re FaceTiming often to get that much needed one on one time.
- Practice self-care daily
- It can be as simple as committing to taking your makeup off every night and cleansing your skin morning and night, but taking a few minutes daily to practice self-care will help instill these healthy habits as a daily must-do. We are excited to try out The Jade Roller from Mount Lai, as we hear the benefits are endless in rolling this wand across your skin daily. From reducing fine lines and wrinkles, to eliminating puffiness and under eye circles (tip: place the roller in the fridge or freezer for added cooling benefits!) and draining the lymphatic system, this is a must-try tool for great skin.
What are some ways you stick to a schedule and daily routine? Let us know in the comments below!